Ok, so I admit I look at a lot of religious websites. I have followed links and ended up in some strange places. Sometimes I come across websites that look like they haven’t been changed or updated since the mid-80s. I swear sometimes I feel like I’m looking at an old Angelfire website.
Many times the links I’m clicking through that promise either the perfect answer to life the universe and everything or a new level of weirdness heretofore unknown by rational minds simply dies. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Page not found. It’s heartbreaking.
I was following one such link the other day. It promised me a new tinfoil hat bonanza and yet. . . page not found.
However, some clever prankster added the following:
The page cannot be found
- Baptist explanation: There must be sin in your life. Everyone else opened it fine.
- Presbyterian explanation: It’s not God’s will for you to open this link.
- Word of Faith explanation: You lack the faith to open this link. Your negative words have prevented you from realizing this link’s fulfillment.
- Charismatic explanation: Thou art loosed! Be commanded to OPEN!
- Unitarian explanation: All links are equal, so if this link doesn’t work for you, feel free to experiment with other links that might bring you joy and fulfillment.
- Buddhist explanation: …………………….
- Episcopalian explanation: Are you saying you have something against homosexuals?
- Christian Science explanation: There really is no link.
- Atheist explanation: The only reason you think this link exists is because you needed to invent it.
- Church counselor’s explanation: And what did you feel when the link would not open?
HTTP 404 – File not found – Internet Explorer
I didn’t mind the frustration of another broken link; I had found a kindred soul out there. Thank you Lark News for the giggle.